Missy at it’salmostnaptime tagged me. Which is kinda flattering ’cause I’m new to this whole blogging thing. But I’m loving it. Also I’ve never done a meme before, so if I mess this up, Missy forgive me.
The rules for this meme are: (1) Link to the person that tagged you.
(2) Post the rules on your blog. (3) Share six non-important things/habits/quirks about yourself. (4) Tag six random people at the end of your post by linking to their blogs. (5) Let each random person know they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their website.
1) reading in the bathroom. yup. Still do it. I USED to do it because it was the only place in the house I could be to get away from my little brother. But I still do it. I find myself regretting my lack of a book when I go to the bathroom at work. Sometimes I’ll even borrow a Science magazine out of one of the professor’s mail slots on the way to the toilet cause it will give me something to do while I’m in there. I HATE staring at the blank bathroom walls while waiting for my body to do whatever it’s gonna do, ya know? I always feel slightly ashamed of myself on the way out though. Like there is something shameful about reading in the bathroom.
2) the only thing that stopped me biting my nails was when I knocked out my front tooth and had to have it re-made. After they made it and “evened it up” with the rest of my teeth, I could no longer chew my nails. If it hadn’t been for that I’d probably still have my hands in my mouth, just like when I was a little girl.
3) Favorite breakfast ever: take a banana, peel it, split it. Place three scoops of Peanut butter Chocolate ice cream on top. Devour. I used to own an ice cream shop and bakery. There is nothing more dangerous than having to check the ice cream cooler at 8 a.m. JUST to make sure that it is still running okay and that all the ice cream will be fine for the afternoon rush.
4) I will read the same book over and over and over. without any break. I’ll get to the end and just turn right around and start over. I don’t do this all the time. Just when I’m particularly enjoying it. My hubby says that’s weird.
5) favorite hair curlers? Baby socks. My mom started me on this when I was a little girl. She would wash my hair, roll it up in baby socks (secured by tieing each sock off to itself) and then in the morning she would un-roll the socks and I’d have this head of long Shirley Temple-esque curls. I was gorgeous. for a 7 year old. and I loved playing with my curls all during church. maybe she did it just to keep me occupied.
6) The only claim to fame I have is that I learned to walk on Billy Graham’s lawn. See my folks and the Grahams all went to the same church and on the way out of service on Sunday mornings the mom’s would lean over and say things like “I’ve got the roast, you bring the veggies. 1:00 ? okay.” and we’d go home, pick up whatever the item of the day was and go trotting off to the Grahams for the afternoon. This was right around the time I was learning to walk, so some of my first steps were taken on his lawn. I’ve always thought that was really neat. I wish I’d been older and able to enjoy it more.
Really, I could go on and on, but it only asked for six.
Ok, the tag-ees are:
I can only do these four ’cause I haven’t been blogging long enough to know bunches of people I can pass this stuff on to.