Martin and I are going back out to Kansas this weekend to spend more time with Steve & Mel (and Ginny).
Mel is currently on bed rest in an attempt to keep Ginny in for a while longer. We had a scare earlier this week where Mel went into labor, but the doctors managed to stop it. Our job this weekend will be to keep Mel occupied, happy and entertained, but OFF HER FEET.
I have had a couple of people say to me in the past few days “oooo maybe Ginny will be born while you are out there! I bet you just can’t wait!”
um…….yes we most certainly CAN wait.
Folks there is no way that we would want Ginny to be born this early.
If she comes early, then that’s that. But under no circumstances would we WANT her to come this early.
Ginny is 31 weeks and 5 days.
Ginny has all her fingers and toes and has been confirmed again as a girl.
Ginny only weighs 2 pounds and 15 ounces.
Yes, she *could* live outside Mel’s body, but there are all kinds of possible problems that situation could cause for Ginny and we would just rather her stay put. Unless something goes drastically wrong she is FAR safer right where she is for now. Modern medicine can’t really imitate the perfect environment of the human gestation system.
Yes we want desperately to meet our baby girl, but we can wait. Till God and Ginny are both ready.
btw, Mel has new sonogram photos that I will post as soon as I can.