are you ready for this?
my daughter, who is only just over 12 weeks old
Slept. For. TWELVE. HOURS. Yesterday.
It happened once last week too. Basically she takes a late afternoon bottle. Then the following things happen in this order:
- She gets burped
- We put her in her car seat
- We head for Wal-Mart for a major shopping trip
- We put her on top of the buggy in her car seat
- she sleeps all the way through two hours of shopping at Wal-Mart
- she sleeps through the loading of the car
- she sleeps through the ride home and the noisy unloading of the car
- she sleeps through the putting away of the groceries
- Martin and I look at each other.
- we look at the clock.
- it is our bed time
- We shrug
- we carry Ginny in her carrier up the stairs
- We place her next to our bed
- We go to sleep
- We wake up at 4 or 5 in the morning and feed the baby.
Now I need to emphasize that during this ENTIRE process we are standing by with a bottle ready. We have even occasionally made the mistake of warming a bottle up because we were certain that Ginny was just ABOUT to wake up and want it. For those of you without children that may not know this: once you heat up a bottle of formula you have only one hour to use it before you have to throw it out. We have wasted probably a pint of two of formula with this same mistake. Our learning curve is rather flat these days.
So I have a question for other mommy bloggers out there: is this normal? Should I be worried?
Best I can figure I have a born shopper on my hands. She just flat out loves Wal-Mart.