…As if you needed to know more!
I saw this little questionnaire on Amanda’s blog today and thought it would be fun to do. I kinda have blog block. There are a number of devotional posts simmering in the back of my head right now, and Halloween photos are not ready to happen yet, so I’ve sort of been in a holding pattern….
1. What is your favorite thing to snack on while your blogging?
mozzerella & dried cherries.
2. What is one thing you wouldn’t want to live without?
toothbrush. I can not STAND fuzzy teeth.
3. Beach, Mountains, or Farm? Where would you live if you had a choice?
A mountain retreat with a farm element to it would be nice.
4. What’s your least favorite chore/household duty?
sink drains. yuck.
5. Who do people say you remind them of?
I don’t know. It doesn’t come up much. I look kinda like my mom and my grandmother….
6. Prefer parties and socializing or staying home with the fam?
I love to plan a party, but once it gets going, I fade to the background. I greatly prefer a quiet evening at home with my family and maybe one other couple just playing games or watching football. With our shoes off. I hate wearing shoes at home. It just doesn’t seem right.
7. What’s your all time favorite movie?
The Sound of Music. Hands down. Though I must admit that in the last year Mama Mia has made a serious bid for front runner status. I’ll always come back to the Sound of Music though.
8. Do you sleep in your make-up or remove it like a good little girl every night?
Mostly I take it off every night.
9. Do you have a hidden talent or a deep desire to learn something that you’ve never had a chance to learn? What is it?
I wish I could ride. I get sad when people talk about being able to feel their horse’s mouth through the reins, cause I’ve never felt that and have no idea how to feel it. I think you have to have been around horses a long time to get that.
10. What’s one strange thing you’re really good at?
organizing schedules? though that isn’t weird. I enjoy reading Chemical & Engineering News and Science magazine even though I was a history major. I don’t understand all of it, but I like it because I can have intelligent, relevant conversations with folks in my office (I work in a chemistry department)
11. What first attracted you to your spouse?
His walk. He walked across that field like he was twenty feet tall. Not arrogant, but completely confident. I’ll never forget it.
12. What is something you love to smell?
fresh baked, homemade bread…usually with butter dripping down it.
13. Tell something about you that you know irritates people.
I don’t ever get around to doing thank you notes. I know, I know. Revoke my southern woman hood card. It is a grievous sin. but most people feel that my cooking makes up for it.
14. When you have extra money, what’s the first thing you think to do with it?
buy more books.
15. Are you a silent laugher or a loud laugher? What makes you laugh the hardest?
somewhere in between. My hubby on the other hand laughs loud and proud.
16. Where is your favorite place to shop?
Barnes & Noble. Its a sickness.
17. What’s one thing you’d do more often if you had more time?
paint the mural I wanted to paint in Ginny’s bedroom and do more canning. Also go back to school. I’d love to study Greek.
18. Are you a big spender or frugal?
impulse spender. I am a total sucker for…Oh we DO need that! really.
19. Who is your favorite character of all time?
Maria from the Sound of Music. or maybe Elizabeth from Pride & Prejudice. It’s a draw between the two I think.
20. Would you want to be famous?
not really. Valued by the people who know me? yes. more famous than I am? nope.
What are some or all of your answers?